Using Leanplum’s segmentation capabilities, you can deliver localized emails to your users for an unlimited number of languages, without having to create a new message for each language.
In email, you can localize the email body and subject line by creating a segment for the message or subject, then editing that segment's content in the Email Composer.
Create a new language segment
To add localized copy, you first need to create a new segment under the subject or message setting:
- Open the email message.
- Click Show all to view the message settings.
- Hover over the message (or subject) field and click on the + sign to Add Segment.
- In the Edit Segment interface, click on the drop-down menu and select Language from the Localization menu.
- Enter/select the desired language after is, and click Save.
- You'll see the new segment as a new, separate message (or subject) setting.
- Repeat steps 2-5 to add as many language segments as you’d like.
Edit each segment's copy
For the subject line, you can edit the content right in the message options pane:
For the email body, however, you'll need to edit the content in the Email Editor. But you first need to switch to the correct segment.
- Under Compose > Message, look for the Currently editing status on the right side of the Composer. This indicates the segment you have open - and are currently editing - in the Email Editor.
- To edit a different segment, find the segment and click Edit message for this segment.
- The Editor will refresh with that segment's content, and you can begin editing it using the rich text editor or source code.