- Target engaged subscribers (0 to 6 month) with relevant content.
- Send at least once a month to the largest volume on a single day.
- Sending reputation is based on a 30 day rolling calendar.
- Ramp up volume if you need to increase your full file volume by more than 30% for a “big push/holiday” to avoid delivery failures.
- Segment your dormant populations.
- Permanently suppress unsubscribes.
- Avoid buying lists. Purchased lists are more likely to include spam traps.
- Stay within legal compliance of CAN-SPAM and CASL.
- Keep email size under 102kb.
- Mailings should be 70% text 30% image ratio (depends on interest/usage of heat maps.
- Use ALT text and titles.
- Keep main CTA in the top 20% of the message.
- Avoid A/B testing during the IP warming period in case you need to troubleshoot delivery issues.
- Customize campaigns to encourage positive recipient engagement not negative recipient engagement.
- Positive Engagement is more likely to lead to timely acceptance and/or inbox placement. Positive engagement includes:
- Getting added to the address book
- Negative Engagement can lead to poor Sending Reputation resulting in:
- Temporary deferrals
- Hard blocks
- Spam foldering
- Implement double opt-in or "reconfirm your address" during the sign up process to deter subscribers from “fat fingering.”
- Give subscribers the option to choose frequency of mail and content type through a preference center.
- Monitor and analyze engagement metrics after each mailing and adjust targeting and mailings frequency if needed.
- Check out our Top reporting metric issues.
- Segment your less engaged audience and target them with more personalized mailings at a less frequent rate.