- Target engaged subscribers (0 to 6 month) with relevant content
- Send at least once a month to the full file volume on a single day to keep the IP warm
- Sending reputation is based on a 30 day rolling calendar
- Ramp up volume if you need to increase your full file volume by more than 30% for a “big push/holiday” to avoid delivery failures
- Sunset your dormant populations
- Permanently suppress unsubscribes
- Avoid buying lists
- Stay within legal compliance of CAN-SPAM and CASL
- Customize campaigns to encourage positive recipient engagement not negative
- Keep email size under 102kb
- Mailings should be 70% text 30% image ratio (depends on interest/usage of heat maps
- Use ALT text and titles
- Keep main CTA in the top 20% of the message.
- Implement double opt-in or reconfirm your address, during the sign up process to deter subscribers from “fat fingering”
- Give subscribers the option to choose frequency of mail and content type through a preference center.
- Monitor and analyze engagement metrics after each mailing and adjust targeting and mailings frequency if needed