When configuring a message, one of the most important things is deciding when to have it delivered to your users. Leanplum provides a variety of methods for message delivery, and each have different recommended use cases.
Let’s go through the delivery options based on the most common use cases. Keep in mind that regardless of the delivery type, each message will only be delivered to users that fit the target you’ve set.
- Use case: “I want to send a push notification right away”
- Delivery type: Immediate
- Use case: “I want to send a push notification on October 2nd, 2016”
- Delivery type: Scheduled
- Use case: “I want to send users a push notification after they do something specific in the app”
- Delivery type: Triggered
- Use case: “I want to send users a push notification after they enter a geofence”
- Delivery type: Triggered locally
- Use case: “I want to bypass Leanplum’s automated delivery options and use a server-to-server call to trigger a push notification”
- Delivery type: Manual
Find more information on choosing a delivery time for scheduled push notifications, click here.
For more information on Messaging in general, please visit the Messaging Section of our Product Guide.