We recommend QAing all messages prior to activation. We recommend the following process to ensure your message is set up as you intended:
- Create a Saved Segment for any members of your team that will help QA messages. You can use user Ids or the user attribute for email to add users to the segment.
- Navigate to the message you would like to QA.
- Check to make sure the message type, targets, delivery options, and custom options (message copy, open action, etc.) are set to your liking.
- Under targets, add the Saved Segment.
- Click Send Now for a push or Start for an in-app message.
- Your QA team in the Saved Segment should receive the message when they meet the delivery criteria.
- Confirm that you are satisfied with the timing and appearance of the message on your device.
When you are ready to send the message to your actual users, simply remove the Saved Segment and update the targeting criteria. If you want to QA your targeting criteria, click on the Users link that appears to the right of the Targets section. You should see a list of all users that are currently eligible for that campaign.
If you have any questions on best practices for QAing your messages, please reach out to email@example.com.