Using Leanplum’s segmentation capabilities, you can deliver localized message copy to your users for an unlimited number of languages, without having to create a new message for each language. You can localize content for all messages in Leanplum, including: Push notifications, In-App messages, Email, and App Inbox messages.
Create a new language segment
To add localized copy, you first need to create a segment under the message text setting:
- Navigate to the message that needs localized copy.
- Hover over the message field and click on the + sign which says Add Segment.
- In the Edit Segment interface, click on the drop-down menu and select Language from the Localization menu.
- Select the desired language, and click Save.
- You'll see the new segment as a new, separate message setting.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to add as many language segments as you’d like.
Note: Leanplum does not automatically translate text from one language to another. You’ll need to translate the text before adding it to the message copy field. You'll need to edit each segment's message content to localize them.
Edit each segment's content
For In-App messages, Push notifications, and App inbox messages, enter your localized text for each language segment.
When you set this message live, it will deliver the appropriate localized text for each language you have created a segment for.