Leanplum allows you to set daily and/or weekly message and webhook caps per user, per app, as well as set the maximum number of campaign messages sent per minute (via throttling).
To set message caps by message type, navigate to the App Settings page by clicking on the App Selection menu at the top of the screen, and select Manage Apps (Note: This menu will be accessible from any page of the Leanplum platform).
Once in the App Settings page:
- Find the app you wish to set message caps for and click on the Keys & Settings link (Note: This requires your account to have Admin or Member privileges for that team)
- Click on the Messaging tab
- Enter the daily and/or weekly message and webhook caps you would like to use
- Click Done
Exempt a Message from Caps
After setting your message caps, you can elect to exempt any message from counting towards your daily and weekly caps. Under the Delivery settings in the Message Composer, simply click "Caps Exempt".
You can also add message throttling from this window. This allows you to limit the number of messages sent to your users, which can help distribute any increased load on your servers (from users being drawn into your app) over a longer period of time.
Leanplum throttles based on messages per minute: "Send up to N messages per minute per campaign." This gives you precise control regardless of the targeted audience. Throttling only applies to immediate and scheduled message campaigns sent to more than 50 users.
Note: Be sure to set a reasonable limit given the size of your userbase. Any messages not sent after 30 days (due to throttling) will be dropped.
To add a throttle, once in the App Settings page:
- Find the app you wish to throttle message delivery for and click on the Keys & Settings link (Note: This requires your account to have Admin or Member privileges for that team).
- Click on the Messaging tab.
- Go to the Throttling section.
- Enter the maximum number of messages you would like to be sent per minute for any given campaign.
- Click Done.