Leanplum allows you to easily preview messages on your test devices before setting the message live. This is recommended prior to activating any campaigns for your production audience. To preview a message, do the following:
- Be sure you have registered your test device.
- Navigate to the message you would like to preview.
- Click the Send Preview button below the pictured phone in Messaging dashboard at any time to immediately view this message on your registered developer devices.
Note: This will send the preview to all devices shared by your user id. If, for example, you have logged in on multiple devices in the past, Leanplum will send the preview to all of them. Previewing push is supported for both production and development builds; however, previewing in-app messages is supported only on development builds.
If you have unpublished changes on a draft or paused message with a trigger, you'll see another option below Send Preview: "Active for test devices."
- If checked, your unpublished changes will be sent as the preview.
- If unchecked, the published changes (previous version) will be sent.
Remember: You must complete the trigger (that you set) to see the preview of a triggered message.