Leanplum comes with out-of-the-box retention metrics for day 1, 3, 7, 14, and 30.
You can also utilize the cohort by and filter by menus in the User activity section to create a custom running retention metric that shows retention for days other than those listed above.
To see running retention, do the following:
- Select the Daily active users report
- Use the custom date selector to select the time period you’d like to view retention for
- Add a cohort by from the Lifecycle option, selecting Time of first run and choosing Day
- Add a filter by from the Lifecycle option, selecting Time of first run and the between operation for the date
- Input the same timeframe you chose to chart (this limits the cohort to just the data you want to see)
- Click refresh