Leanplum customers can integrate with Appsflyer by sending Leanplum a postback containing publisher information. This allows you to view attribution data in Leanplum analytics as well as use it for targeting in A/B tests or marketing campaigns, via Leanplum’s targeting and segmentation menu.
Before you activate the integration with Appsflyer, you first need to confirm that your Leanplum integration is using the same device ID as Appsflyer. This is important as Leanplum matches the user install in Leanplum with the postback data from Appsflyer using the device ID, so if they do not match Leanplum cannot report the data.
By default, Leanplum collects the IDFV for iOS and the MD5 hash of of the MAC address for Android, but this can be easily changed to IDFA for iOS and GAID for Android with one line of code. For information about how to change the device ID format, see: Android and iOS.
You also need to get your App ID and client keys to input into the Appsflyer system. To view your App Keys, do the following:
- Click on your name at the top right of the screen and select App Settings
- Select an app and click Keys & Settings
- You will see a tab called API Keys. Here you will find the App ID and Production key.
- Configure Leanplum in AppsFlyer’s Dashboard.
- Click Integrated Partners in the left of the screen
- Search for Leanplum:
- Click on the Leanplum logo to open the configuration window
- Under Integration Parameters, check the Enable check box
- Insert the Client Key and App id taken from Leanplum console (see Section 3)
- Click Save & Close
Once you have saved the configuration, AppsFlyer sends the following data to Leanplum for every organic and non-organic install:
- Device ID (IDFA / Goggle Advertising ID)
- Media Source
- Campaign name
According to Facebook and Twitter T&C, Appsflyer is unable to share user level data with any 3rd party. As a result, all Facebook and Twitter installs are sent to Leanplum as organic.
Viewing User Attribution Data in Leanplum
Once you have set up the integration between Leanplum and Appsflyer, you can access the information by utilizing Leanplum’s targeting and segmentation menu:
This menu is available in the Analytics, Messages, A/B Tests, and Users sections of the Leanplum platform. You can filter by, group by, and cohort by this data in Analytics, filter by this data in the Users section, and target by this data in Analytics and A/B Tests.