Thanks for agreeing to be a beta tester for one of our newest features. Your feedback is essential to the continued improvement of the Leanplum Platform.
What it Does
Recent Occurrences enables customers to target to groups of users based on the number of times they have triggered an event over the past 30 days. This capability allows customers to add an even deeper level of personalization to their messages and A/B tests.
This is a new targeting and segmentation capability, available in the targeting menu under Behavioral > Recent Occurrences and can be used to target and segment messages, A/B tests, and variables.
Say for example that I have a music-listening app, where I track the event "Listen Song" each time the user listens to a song.
- I want to send a Scheduled push notification on April 25 at Optimal Time to all users who have Listened fewer than 5 times in the last 7 days.
We can even take this a step further, and target users who were previously heavily engaged, but are now showing signs of becoming less engaged.
- I want to send a Scheduled push notification on April 25 at Optimal Time to all users who have Listened fewer than 5 times in the last 7 days, but at least 40 times in the last 30 days.
I have an on demand ride app, where I track the event "Passenger Ride Complete" every time a passenger completes a ride and a "Driver Ride Complete" event every time a driver completes a ride.
- I want to send a push to users who had 3 Passenger Ride Complete events in last 28 days.
- I want to send an in app message to a user who had 10 Driver Ride Complete events in last 14 days.
I have a news app, where I track an "Article Viewed" event every time a user visits an article page.
- I want to send an email to users who viewed an article at least 10 times in the past 14 days, offering them an discounted upgrade to our premium subscription.
- I want to send a push to users who viewed an article fewer than 3 times in the past 30 days, enticing them to come back to our app with some breaking content.
I have a shopping app, where I track an "Item Search" event every time a user executes a search event.
- I want to send push to users who have searched for an item between 1 and 5 times in the past 7 days, alerting them of sales on similar items.
- I want to show users a different experience (different variable values) who have searched for an item 30 or more times in the past 7 days, since these users are likely power users.
As you can see above, all of the standard Leanplum time operators (e.g. is at least, is between, is greater than, etc) are available for use in conjunction with Recent Occurrences.
No work necessary! If you haven't already, just reach out to your customer success manager and they will add you to the whitelist for Recent Occurrences.
Note that the number of days that the Recent Occurrences feature has been whitelisted for your app is equal to the number of days "in the last Y days" in which you will be able to target. For example, if your Customer Success Manager whitelisted the feature for you on Aug 1st, on Aug 2nd, you would be able to target to users who triggered an event X times in the last 1 day. You would not be able to target to users who triggered an event X times in the past 7 days, or any number of days greater than 1, since the feature has only been whitelisted for 1 day. This is necessary for us to accumulate data on our backend.
Also, the maximum days that Leanplum will track recent occurrences is 30 days.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to your customer success manager with any questions or for more info on how you could take advantage of this new functionality.