Why did my user receive a duplicate email?
There could be several causes for this, please follow the steps below:
- The campaign was sent twice to the user. If it's triggered, the user could have triggered it twice. Check their user profile for the Sent event of the message, and the number of total occurrences.
- There could be another campaign set up with the same content. Check if the user profile if they were sent another email around that time.
- There could be another user, with different User ID and the same email address. We do not deduplicate the emails in this case. This is usually caused by incorrectly creating users from your backend. To verify if this, follow these steps:
- Build an Audience by filtering on the user's email address attribute.
- Click on Explore Users
- If you see more than one user, then this is the root cause. Reach out to the support team if you need further assistance.